Translate

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Where Did My Hour Go?

Ahhhh.... Spring Break!!!

Probably one of the best things about being in school is the break.  There is nothing that tastes sweeter than being allowed four to thirty days of blissful nothing after working your blood pressure up doing projects, papers, and homework for eight weeks straight.

And, as this may be my last break ever, I am thoroughly enjoying it as best as I can.  Practiced Tai Chi Ch'uan on the Student Oval on Sunday, built two 500-piece puzzles in one day, have had pretty much the entire library to myself, and have been catching up on all the drawings I've been dying to start or finish since January.  I do, admittedly, have a homework assignment due in a week, but I did a lot of it in class anyway and I want time to RELAX.  No work.  No school.  Just the things I want/need to catch up on.

Unfortunately, Spring Forward snuck up on me and I lost an hour.  Which is sad, because usually I'm right on top of things like that.  Oh, well.  I'm surviving without it.

My history instructor gave me this excellent book called "Unlikely Allies: How a Merchant, a Playwright, and a Spy Saved the American Revolution" by Joel Richard Paul.  This book is both thrilling and hilarious!  It's a true story, but the things that happen and the characters in it make you wonder...  I'm still reeling from the first big twist!  The chapters are pretty short and, to be honest, they're pretty event-based with little embellishment, but it's a quick, entertaining read.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment