Translate

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Moving On

I officially graduate from the Buckeye University as an undergrad in three days.  And man, what a trip.

Sentimental-wise, it still hasn't hit me yet.  I don't think it will until my diploma is in hand.  It's been a wild 5 years!  I've changed so much, I realize.  I've become more critical of things, but willing to keep an open mind.  I'm not as timid as I was.  I've made friends and done things that, when I first came here, I'd never even dreamed about.  It's definitely been really bitter-sweet for me.  As much as I complained about the classwork and the city, I'm going to miss it a lot.  I could go on and on, but it's finally spring in Ohio with nice sunshine-y weather and I think a post that heavy should be saved for another day.

One perk of graduating is that, even with an 8-hour-a-day job, I'm going to have more FREE TIME!!!  It'll be so weird to come home and not have a million papers and projects to finish.  But I'll have more time to help out with the farm and to work on my art and other projects.

And I have so many projects in mind!  I've been enjoying the last few days off between the end of classes and graduation with no obligations.  I was bumming around and procrastinating on my wish-list of activities because I have so many that it was overwhelming, but I finally sat down today and began to churn stuff out.  I've been on an ocean kick lately (though if you know me you'll know that I'm always on an ocean kick!) and I've been designing dresses inspired by my favorite ocean creatures.  I've made them for a paper doll (one of my weird hobbies) and I'd definitely like to post her here for others to see/print out.  I also want to get around to finishing the project for my portfolio and try a new paper mache recipe, while keeping up with my Tai Chi and Italian.

Hey, gotta keep busy somehow.  :P

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment